Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 129

Thread: Gas prices next step?

  1. #51
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    I agree. Production in the gulf is down 77% this week.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #52
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    Supplies are a bit limited here in Norton but the gas is still at $3.99/gallon (Citgo/Shamrock)
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #53
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    Had a co-worker that just went and filled up at a local BP in Johnson City, and the manger told her that when they get their next fuel truck to expect gas to go over $6/gal.



    I feel like I am getting [censored] with no vaseline. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

  4. #54
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had a co-worker that just went and filled up at a local BP in Johnson City, and the manger told her that when they get their next fuel truck to expect gas to go over $6/gal.



    I feel like I am getting [censored] with no vaseline. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]</div></div>
    Vaseline is a petroleum product - that would be an extra $6!
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #55
    Inactive Member imported_drgnfly3030's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2003
    Posts
    262
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    My neighbor just came back from gas station in Dryden. Owner told him gas wouldn't go up to $5 today [at least there] but he's put a limit of $30 for each fill-up. Also told my neighbor he's down to 2000 gallons of regular and he's not sure when his next delivery will be.

    Honestly, we should have seen this coming with the hurricane. Galveston island is already being flooded according to cnn.com and Ike is still 200 miles out.

  6. #56
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had a co-worker that just went and filled up at a local BP in Johnson City, and the manger told her that when they get their next fuel truck to expect gas to go over $6/gal.



    I feel like I am getting [censored] with no vaseline. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]</div></div>
    Vaseline is a petroleum product - that would be an extra $6! </div></div>

    HAHAHA.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #57
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    I guess my biggest problem is, this isn't the first hurricanes that ever came to be. Problem is that this artificial shortage is being done, and nothing is going to be done to stop it. Guess what, if trucks aren't running, better go to the grocery store today because nothing will be running and those that do will inflate heavily soon as well!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  8. #58
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    I needed to do a regular grocery trip today but now I'm afraid to go - there'll be a run on everything
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  9. #59
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    I filled my car yesterday (what a bargain, I think it was 3.78), and I'll go home this evening and probably not get out of the house this weekend if at all possible.

    I was just thinking about things, its no wonder unemployment is up, because with the way prices are, nobody can afford to work a min. wage (or near min. wage) job. You end up losing money going to work.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  10. #60
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    Someone inside our company who's kind of "in the know" on the market sent this e-mail out:

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hurricane Ike is trumping low crude prices and is beginning to cause a price spike, which is all over the media. As usual, un-branded retailers are immediately vulnerable and are experiencing supply issues. Branded stations (Exxon, Chevron) currently have adequate supply and have not raised their rack prices but their independent station owners will certainly keep pace with their un-branded neighbor stations as they raise their prices.

    There is no regional or national gas or diesel shortage at this time.

    Exxon has its distributors on "RED"? status which means that they will receive their normal scheduled deliveries only ? nothing extra. Exxon and Chevron do not expect rationing will occur in our area under the current damage expectation. Unless Ike produces long term impairment of the Galveston delivery system, Exxon says that prices should begin to fall back early next week.
    </div></div>
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •